Currently Reading: The Gathering by Kelly Armstrong

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Nightshade Book Review

 Title: Nightshade (Nightshade #1)
Author: Andrea Cremer
Release Date: October 19th 2010
Format: Hardcover


 Synopsis:

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she’ll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters’ laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?





My thoughts:
This book's cover is what first got my interested with it, I thought it was beautiful. Then I read the back and decided that might be a book for me. So I sat down and read it. It took me less then 24 hours to do so. I couldn't put this book down I just wanted to keep reading it. After saving the boy who was out for a hike see notices tension between the one she is promised to and the guy she saved. Things become complicated because she doesn't want her pack to find out.Spoiler kind of highlight to read: She saves the hikers life more then once and she does fall in love with him. She never really like the guy she was promised to anyways. Ren can sometimes be very protective over her which does get a little annoying because you just want him to leave Shay and Calla alone throughout the book. I guess that what give this book some drama. There is also more plot to this book then i would have expected.There is witches who are the werewolf's masters and prophecies too! At the end of the book it diffidently makes you want to read the next because it does end in a cliffhanger. Which I need to buy.


The relationship between Calla and Shay is great, I think they go really well together and it shows you what their love is about.

 I didn't want to give away many spoilers even though I'm sure a lot of you have read this book already. This book is an easy read filled with werewolf drama and thrill.













No comments:

Post a Comment