Currently Reading: The Gathering by Kelly Armstrong

Friday, March 30, 2012

Beastly by Alex Flinn Review and Movie comparison!

Author: Alex Flinn


Release Date: October 7th, 2012


Edition: Hardcover (304 pages)


Published by: Harper teen


How I got this: I bought it


Goodreads Link


Synopsis:I am a beast. A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog, but a horrible new creature who walks upright – a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster. 

You think I’m talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It’s no deformity, no disease. And I’ll stay this way forever – ruined – unless I can break the spell. 

Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I’ll tell you. I’ll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and a perfect life. And then, I’ll tell you how I became perfectly beastly.




My thoughts:


I did enjoy this book, I thought it was neat that there was I.M. chatting in between the chapters. The chapters in this book were only 2 to 4 pages long. Which did make the reading of this book go by super fast. I thought that it was a clever retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Of course at first in the book I didn't like the Kyle but that is what the author wanted was for you to think he was snobby which he was.I did enjoy Kendra's part through out the book how she saw him as judging as everyone else failed to notice.  I enjoyed the story line of the book and thought it was all very clever. The author's writing style made for a really easy read through out the whole book. I didn't stop reading this because it got boring or to confusing.  This book really made me want to watch the movie that they came out after it.






The movie was pretty close to the book in the main story line. They're of course were changes in the movie from the book. I actually liked the fact that they made the beginning high school stuff more mature. Instead of a school dance they were voting for the main person of a green society. I did enjoy the movie overall I thought it was very cute. I didn't think I'd like Vanessa Hudgens in this movie but I did end up liking her and forgetting that it was her.I also thought the actor who played  Kyle, did do a really good job of acting cocky at the beginning and changing. All and all it was all really good. Diffidently a watch even if you haven't read the book.





No comments:

Post a Comment