Currently Reading: The Gathering by Kelly Armstrong

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Hunger Games Review/Disscusion !

Author: Suzanne Collins


Release date :7/1/2010


Publisher: Scholastic Press


Edition: Hardcover (374 pages)


How I got this : I bought it








Synopsis:Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival


My thoughts:
I know that this book has been out for awhile but yes I am just now able to get to it.For that reason there will be a lot of spoilers. All I have to say is WOW!! I really was excited to finally get to read this book, I'm gonna have to say I'm very glad I bought all three together because after writing this I'm jumping into book two. So for Katniss shes a very logical thinker about everything. She thinks out what she does before she even does it expect maybe volunteering as tribute for her sister Prim. Could you sacrifice your self for a family member?I don't really know if I could.


The other tribute from district 12 Peeta, is very clever. He seems like he really does love Katniss by the end of the book. Do you think he really has loved her since he first laid eyes on her? I'm thinking maybe by the way he acted to Katniss saying that she and Haymitch were talking about them in love. He truly seemed upset by that and made him believe that she was faking it the whole time. Really though she wasn't faking all of it.


Their romance through out the middle to end of the book diffidently is an aspect to keep you reading.The way Katniss watches over Peeta as he hurt from blood poisoning. Makes you believe in their romance. Not to mention the fact that she risked herself getting killed to get him medicine to save his life. The other tributes teaming up and hunting what left of the tributes was interesting as well. Would you team up with people who would eventually kill you just so you stay alive at that moment? I think I would rather do what Katniss did by hiding up in the trees at least she could choose when she died.


Rue being only the only 12 year old, do you think the other tributes felt bad for her at first? I believe that they may have but before the games started during the training. Since that kid from district one ends up killing her. Katniss teams up with her because shes clever enough to stay alive for so long. Would you find Rue a good team mate? I think I would she ending up giving Katniss a lot of information. Also she helped her out of few situations. When Rue does die I did get all sad but I didn't tear up. 


All the different mutations in this book was very interesting. I thought it was clever for the capital to create mutations during the war that led to the Hunger Games. I really wasn't expecting the mutations at the end of the book that initially kills Cato.Were you expecting that ? 


Over all this book is diffidently one to treasure for a long time. It keeps you reading it can easily be done in one day. I think anybody who reads would love this book because its not just romance  its a lot of action and suspense as well. It no wonder that they're making a movie of it!! I am so excited to see it even though  I'm sure I won't be seeing it when it comes out. How excited are you to see this movie?  Leave me a comment answering my underlined questions.








No comments:

Post a Comment