Currently Reading: The Gathering by Kelly Armstrong

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Modelland by Tyra Banks Review

Author: Tyra Banks
Release Date: September 13th, 2011
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Edition: Hardcover (pages 567)
How I got this book: I bought it


Synopsis: 
No one gets in without being asked. And with her untamable hair, large forehead, and gawky body, Tookie De La Crème isn’t expecting an invitation. Modelland—the exclusive, mysterious place on top of the mountain—never dares to make an appearance in her dreams.

But someone has plans for Tookie. Before she can blink her mismatched eyes, Tookie finds herself in the very place every girl in the world obsesses about. And three unlikely girls have joined her.

Only seven extraordinary young women become Intoxibellas each year. Famous. Worshipped. Magical. What happens to those who don’t make it? Well, no one really speaks of that. Some things are better left unsaid.



My Thoughts:
 The main Character Tookie De La Creme is very easy to get to know, she is someone almost every girl can relate to. Tookie is a forgetta girl, so bad that she can even lay down in the middle of her school halls and not be noticed. Through out this book she does change so much that is it is amazing. She goes from a forgetta girl to a remembera girl, all the stuff she went through to get there just makes this story even more amazing. 


Her friends are just as strange as she is but they don't get put down about what the other girls think in the perfect world of Modelland. Together they are a group of four beautifully unique girls. Who don't even understand why they were chosen on the day of discovery.Rumor has it they may just be sacrifices for Modelland.


Its not just all fun in games for there are dark and evil places in Modelland too. Not to mention you can never leave once you are chosen for there is a curse outside its walls.This book surprised me with its twistedness, I didn't expect this book to have a horror suspense side. This book is very weird but only because its is really creative. I did have to put it down sometimes just to think about what I just read. They're are many different punishments for those people who break the rules and some of them I would have never thought off. 


When I bought this book I didn't pick it up for awhile and now I regret it, this book will always be one I remember. I really did enjoy this book a whole lot it was completely different from what I thought it was going to be. The world of this book alone is so unique I haven't read anything like it.


Sure they're names may over dramatic to some people like Tookie, Cremey, Myracle but  that makes this book all the more better. The author didn't use original names at all like Taylor or Stephen she thought of names that a lot people never would. 


I do think that the beginning of the book is kind of little kiddish, but I noticed as Tookie developed so did the story line. I thought that this book deserved to be given a chance and it was way more then expected. I am so glad I read this book. I can't wait for the second one.If you haven't yet maybe rent it from your Library or buy it because it is worth it. What did you think of this book? Would you be willing to try this book even with all the bad reviews out there?











No comments:

Post a Comment