Currently Reading: The Gathering by Kelly Armstrong

Monday, March 19, 2012

Catching Fire Review!



Author : Suzanne Collins


Publisher:Scholastic Press


Release Date: September 1st ,2009


Edition: Hardcover (391 pages)


How I got this book: I bought it






Synopsis:


Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol - a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create. 

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying. 

In Catching Fire, the second novel of the Hunger Games trilogy, Suzanne Collins continues the story of Katniss Everdeen, testing her more than ever before... and surprising readers at every turn. 



My thoughts:


This book is a very excellent book to the first! I absolutely loved it !!! I finished this book in 3 days because of life's interruptions. After reading the first book I was excited to read the next book "Catching Fire" because of the way the "Hunger Games" ended. After just finishing Catching Fire all I want to do is read MockingJay. This book really surprised me I think I might have liked this one more then The Hunger Games. I don't want to add  a lot of spoilers. To this review because maybe someone hasn't read the second book. What I do have to say about this book is that it made me keep reading the pages. Katniss and Peeta both lived through the 74th Hunger games. Now they would be safe and be mentors from now on. Katniss realizes that she may have started something once she used the berries as an escape plan. Trying to prove that see still loves Petta to all the different districts turns out it was harder then she thought. Now that the Quarter Quell is this year, the Capital always throws in surprises like one year they chose four kids from each district instead of two. For the 75th  hunger games they have and even bigger better surprise and trust me you don't want to miss it. The end of the book also throws you in a spin. Anyways this book is great and a diffident read if you have read the first.



No comments:

Post a Comment